Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Creating Community

Spring classes started last week, so I've got less writing time than I did last month. At work, we've had some meetings that turned into discussions about ways of creating community for students, faculty, and staff on our (commuter) campus. After one of these meetings, I started daydreaming about sponsoring a crafters' group; a few hours later, one of our students emailed me with the same idea. So we're going to do it---and I will finally realize my dream of making stuff on company time! (That's a joke.)

I'm tempted to surf hither and yon, looking at how other people organize their groups, but the student who shared my brainstorm subtly convinced me that we need to keep it simple. I am, though, going to indulge my need to produce a cool-looking flyer.

No comments: