Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lessons learned



So I did rewrite my chapter proposal, not quite from scratch, but it took me just as long to reconstruct as it had to draft the thing the first time around. I do think it's better than it was, which is satisfying.

The quality time I spent with my laptop, trying to figure out where in tarnation the file could have gone, led me to some sobering discoveries: I didn't have automatic backup turned on in *either* Windows or Open Office. I'm just plain lucky that I haven't lost a lot more files. I also realized that, when I open an attachment to an email, I've *got to* save it with a new name before I do anything else. And, in the future, if I'm that close to being done with something, I will not let myself feel so rushed that I can't finish what I started.

No comments: