Sunday, September 21, 2008

Concentric circles from my belly

Today's highlight was me sobbing on the phone to my mother, in full view of my five-year-old daughter, who later claimed never to have seen me cry before that moment. Hurray for rites of passage!

I was just starting to get over my chest cold when some viral evil sneaked into my tummy, and I am sick-sick-sick. The worst part, as I have already confessed, is that I am also full of self-pity. No stiff upper lip for me. And no sense of perspective, either--as my mother gently (but correctly) reminded me.

As a way of celebrating my own self-absorption, I offer this excellent news item from The Onion. The reporter doesn't know where the dot is, but I do.


Breaking News: Series Of Concentric Circles Emanating From Glowing Red Dot

No comments: