Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The haircut is the high point of the day

It's the second day of the year, and I'm feeling sort of glum (the old unstructured time-plus-cabin fever thing). The slowness of my computer hasn't been helping any, of course. After getting frustrated at how many times the internet connection timed out, I decided to take Astrid was a haircut. She looks amazing....of course, I can't include a picture right now....

Once we were home, I decided to uninstall about six MS Vista "security updates" that were installed right about the time my machine became so sluggish and uncooperative. I don't know why I didn't think of it before, and I'm not sure that it actually made a difference (I wasn't able to upload a picture when I tried a few minutes ago....) Still, I sort of felt like I was sticking it to the bad, bad spirits behind Microsoft's products. (Am I ready for Linux yet? I'm getting closer....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your tech difficulties, I know that can made a person want to tear her hair out. (Or have her daughter's hair cut off?) It makes me think of the time my only computer was an obsolete laptop from about 1997 that I got off of the junk shelf at an electronics store that was closing. I literally could not send a brief email through Hotmail without the connection timing out.

Well, if your connection improves for a spell, feel free to check out my new theme at Endlessly Rocking. I did some fancifying. (I have a great time figuring out how to put code into the text widgets, and other geek skills.)

Much love from out here...