Sunday, July 20, 2008

Before the Sprain




Here are photos from last weekend--before Elliot sprained his ankle.
On Saturday of last week, we held our annual block-wide Yard Sale. Elliot and Astrid staffed a Bake Sale for Obama, which netted $32----not bad! Astrid and I made all of the chocolate chip cookies and Rice Krispie Treats on the very hot, very humid night before. I was cursing my foolish thinking as we sweat away until 11 p.m. in the kitchen, but the next day we were very happy with the response the kids got. I'm proud to say that I have mailed in the money they earned (plus my own donation, promised a month ago....).

On Sunday, our neighbor Tejul came over and the three kids experimented making sailboats for our little pool. We are so sad that Tejul and his family are moving in a couple of weeks; they have been lovely neighbors.

No comments: